HTML 5 - The Evolving Web

Jun 09, 2010 by Oana

HTML tagThe World Wide Web is an environment which will never cease to evolve and to create newer and newer possibilities and solutions for every imaginable need. Such an example is HTML5: the next generation of HyperText Markup Language.

This new version of markup language aims to be more flexible than its predecessor HTML 4 and to offer an alternative to plugins applications, such as Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight.

The work on HTML 5 started in 2004, and according to estimations it will reach the W3C Recommendations at the end of 2010. Even so, some parts of the specifications are already implemented in browsers, such as Internet Explorer 8.

What HTML 5 brings in new is the XHTML specification which ceases to be published separately. Also, it makes light on how an incolmplete code needs to be interpreted, in such a way that all browsers will show the same thing on a page, even if that page contains some mistakes.

Also, HTML 5 allows the storing of offline information, which means that from your browser you can search through web pages even if they are offline. Google Gear already does this, but HTML 5 will embed this as a native option in the browser, helping reduce in this way the gap between desktop and Web.

The desired outcome is that in the future the browser will be used as a portal for applications, which will improve the browsing experience, by replacing the use of the desktop applications. Although all these sound great, HTML 5 will have a hard time to be recognized on the market as a standard format, due to the fact that companies such as Microsoft, Apple and Adobe will continue to invest in proprietary technologies.

Comments

sKyb0y commented on 6/10/2010 8:42:07 PM

Hi
Can you tell me if there are any websites made using HTML 5?
An adress where i can see ?

Oana commented on 6/11/2010 8:37:44 AM

Hi,

You can check out more sites made with HTML 5 here:

www. html5gallery.com

Enjoy!

Web Design Company London commented on 11/4/2011 10:35:13 AM

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the info. I would say HTML 5 is much better than its previous versions.

Oana commented on 12/16/2011 2:10:43 PM

Re: Web Design Company London

Yes, you are right, and once browsers will be fully compatible with HTML 5, programmers will be able to take full advantage of the HTML 5 capabilities.

martinkaden commented on 1/20/2012 8:01:27 AM

Yes I think HTML5 is really good and better to the previous one. I appreciate it that you shared handy post.

Oana commented on 5/8/2012 8:04:44 AM

Hi martinkaden,

Thank you for stopping by!

law dui office commented on 3/20/2019 7:19:02 AM

I discovered this is an instructional along with the remarkable blog post so I suspect as much it is unbelievably functional as well as competent. I might plan to thanks for the ventures you have actually made in composing this article.

hire event planner commented on 3/29/2019 10:37:16 AM

As a matter of fact, your innovative creating capacities has motivated me to begin my very own BlogEngine blog site currently. Actually, blog writing is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a fine instance of it.

decorating painters commented on 4/5/2019 7:01:12 AM

In fact, your imaginative writing abilities have actually influenced me to begin my very own Blog site Engine blog currently. Truly the blog writing is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.

optometrist eye doctor commented on 4/18/2019 9:06:05 AM

It results from this that individuals can provide well skilled as well as personalized Expert Relocating firms and Packers solution, be it for Worldwide Relocating, Office Relocating, Domestic Moving Companies or Regional Relocating solution, we provide one of the most efficient and likewise cost-efficient option in the market.

discount code gtech commented on 4/30/2019 1:01:09 PM

Much needed to you for setting up the opportunity to discuss this. I really feel certain that love along with also takes a look at included this topic. On the off possibility that feasible.

metal roofing installation commented on 5/14/2019 12:07:47 PM

This is the truly very first time I go right here. I uncovered a lot of appealing stuff in your blog internet site particularly its conversation. From the lots of discussing your blog posts, I believe I am not the only one having all the enjoyment listed below! maintain the outstanding.

Your Comment: