HTML5: developed for the web, growing to be mobile - Part 3
The feature set presented in Part 2 is only a mere glimpse into the capabilities of HTML5. Because I truly believe that this markup languages represents the future of the web, I'll give it one more try to point out its very best functionalities. And because I try to be fair & square, I've also underlined some disadvantages of HTML5. Enjoy!
HTML5 is more feature-rich
Thanks to the fact that Scalable Vector Graphics is part of HTML5, you can now play video games that are created and played in HTML5, without any 3rd party support. Also, using the Scalable Vector Graphics reduces the development time and doesn’t require the user to install other pieces of software.
HTML5 comes with a new set of APIs for developing web applications, such as: canvas (used for 2D drawing), document editing, drag and drop implementation, web storage etc.. The new APIs cover the following areas:
* Commands that can be invoked
* Enabling offline Web apps (with an application cache)
* Form constraint validation - for example: setCustomValidity()
* Drag & drop (combined with a draggable attribute)
* Access to the session history and allows scripts to update the document's URL without actually navigating
* Bidirectional client-server communication: WebSocket
* API for server-to-client data push: EventSource
* Base64 conversion - including btoa() and atob()
* Scheduling timer-based callbacks: setTimeout() and setInterval()
* API to prompt the user: alert(), confirm(), prompt(), showModalDialog()
* API for printing documents: print()
* API for handling search providers: AddSearchProvider() and IsSearchProviderInstalled()
* API for immediate-mode bitmap graphics: canvas used for 2D drawing
* API for cross-document messaging and channel messaging: postMessage() and MessageChannel
* API for running scripts in the background: Worker and SharedWorker
* API for storage on the client side: localStorage and sessionStorage
Of course there are some disadvantages in using HTML5, but things are improving as we speak, such as: speed, security and compatibility with older browsers versions etc. The good news is that software development companies, which want to adopt this standard, are giving a hand in speeding up the process for improving the HTML5 standard. For example, AppMobi (a mobile app company) has announced a product that increases the speed of HTML5 video games by up to 500%. Impressive, right?
Overall, HTML 5 proves very valuable for handheld devices and this is the area where it shines the most. Considering that the mobile market is growing very fast and that the major software companies are adopting this standard, HTML 5 proves to be a big investment in the future of the WWW and in the quality of user experience.
Don't be shy and tell us your experience with HTML5! Did you work on a development project using HTML5?
Other posts in this series:
HTML5: developed for the web, growing to be mobile - Part 1
HTML5: developed for the web, growing to be mobile - Part 2
Inside the rich world of RIA: HTML 5, Silverlight and WPF-XBAP
Flash vs. HTML5 analysis
Outsourcing has several individuals to work on your project across the clock. This enables you to acquire a product quickly and promote it in advance of your respective competition.
Re: Sawyer Valencia
Thank you for your comment. You are right, outsourcing a project means that the customer doesn't need to worry about every aspect of the development process, and he'll only have to test the milestones and adjust the requirements according to his needs, and thus saving time.
More on outsourcing, you can read here:
We provide software outsourcing, so we try harder - http://sbp-romania.com/Blog/2013/02/26/we-provide-software-outsourcing-so-we-try-harder.aspx
One of the greatest means lure any e-book and enjoy this almost at any place is all over the fascinating system involving mp 3 mp3 audiobooks. The authentic sound e-book retail outlets that always one thinks of as eventually as.
A wide range of people imagine that chipping and even pitching on the eco-friendly are generally why stands out as the limited xbox game. This limited xbox game articles or blog posts offered during Wi-Fi Playing golf Mentor comprise many difficulties with.
Folk appreciate shopping for terrific, appealing, fascinating and now and then attractive fragrances for their selves and meant for others. This can be carried out conveniently together with inexpensively for an on-line parfum shop.
Recent blog entries