Silverlight web application for tracking time and cost spent on issues
This is an enterprise level tool for tracking time and costs based on the activities of a company's employees.
Some feature highlights are:
- Automatic invoicing allows generation of invoices based on actual worktime information - the invoices can be generated in either Adobe PDF or Microsoft Excel formats
- Values such as hourly rates can be configured globally, and then overridden on different levels (for example, they can be overridden for a particular customer)
- The individual user permissions can be configured with great detail
- Integrated travel expenses tracking
- The solution supports internationalization; the user can configure the language the interface will be shown in.
The application is organized on a three tier architecture:
- Data layer - stores all the application data, uses Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as database engine. Can be extended to support new database back-ends without affecting the rest of the application.
- Business layer - contains the core application logic: validating entries, generating reports, permissions, and specific business logic. The functionality is exposed by means of a standardized Web Service interface, which allows easy integration (via XML-based SOAP protocol) with any third party applications.
- Presentation layer - represents the user interface, and has been implemented in several clients: a web client (universally accessible), a desktop client (for desktop and laptop computers), and a mobile client (optimized for mobile devices, such as phones and PDA's
- Environment: Windows Server 2008 R2
- Development language: Microsoft Visual Basic 2010
- Requirements: Microsoft SQL Server 2010, Microsoft IIS 7.5 Web Server
- Development language: Silverlight 4.0
- Supported operating systems: Windows 7/Vista/Server 2008 R2, Mac OS X, Linux, Windows Mobile 6.5, Symbian
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8+, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome